A case study on the development of a website for a travel company with the functional control panel, an event calendar and an online ordering service.
In 2018, Latvian travel company contacted us with a request to create a modern, fast and modern website. We developed a prototype design and a built all the technical parts.
Let’s discuss your project
Let’s discuss your project to find out how we can help you. Schedule a free 15-min meeting
Share this article
The Latvian company specializes in local tourism and provides services for organizing excursions in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia. During our acquaintance and at the beginning of cooperation, the company already had an outdated website.
Difficulties faced by the customer:
- Crude website structure
- Time-consuming editing
- Inconvenient navigation
- Technical problems
- No correct adaptation for mobile devices
This greatly complicated the task of filling the website and updating the information for the company's employees. What had to be done:
- A new ergonomic design that would meet the usability requirements
- A functional website control panel for editing content.
We carried out work on the project in 2 stages:
- We created the page design prototype. iConcept finalized it and provided the final website design version. After agreement with the customer, the pages (visual part) were made up.
- At the second stage, we started developing the backend (the software part of the website) - its functions, admin panel and database.
In addition to the basic functions, we paid special attention to the excursion ordering process. Several technical additions were offered. They allowed ordering services on the website convenient and understandable for users.
Therefore, we implemented the entire technical part. Its development took 1.5 months.
Users can see all the necessary information on the home page:
- Company logo and contacts
- Website menu
- Colorful banner with a current event
Screenshot of the old website version:
At the customer's request, an event calendar was created (it was missing in the old website version).
User can search tours and excursions using the following search criteria:
- Price range (from and to)
- Number of days
Calendar page mockup:
As you can see, the designers left the general concept of our version.
The page shows all the company offers, but in a more detailed form - including photos and descriptions.
Event list page mockup:
The design was based on our concept with minor changes:
Screenshot of the old version:
Full information about events is displayed here:
- Even date
- Tour area description
- Arrival options
- Cost per 1 person
A tour can be bought on the same page. If the event is already over, the order buttons become disabled.
Event page mockup:
The designers improved our mockup by changing the layout of the blocks.
Screenshot of the old version:
The Blog section was created to fill it with useful information and articles.
A standard contact page with address, phone numbers, email and links to social networks.
The new website allowed the to have the following features:
- To create new pages
- To edit blocks in sections
- To add new events
- To receive event orders right from the website
- To send out current offers by email
The technical part we were responsible for ensures the smooth website operation and high download speed.